Whether you’re a cunning cook or a culinary klutz, let Let’s Cooking: Japanese Cooking at Home be your go-to guide on the basics of Japanese home cooking. From familiar spinach gomaae and agedashi tofu to lesser-known dishes like okonomiyaki, nizakana, and kanten desserts, Let’s Cooking teaches you how to cook real Japanese food using ingredients you can really find, and with simple instructions you can really follow.
How to buy it:
Let’s Cooking is now available:
Online: Copies are limited and are going fast! Please e-mail letscookingbook[@]gmail.com to reserve your copy and make your purchase via PayPal.
- Walrus (shop.walrushome.com) on Cambie & 18th in Vancouver
- Nikkei National Museum gift shop (centre.nikkeiplace.org) just off of Kingsway in Burnaby
- Pony Salon (ponysalon.com) – purveyor of fine haircuts and local products – on E. Cordova
What it looks like:
Here’s a sneak peek at what the book has to offer.
Recipes that feature:
- clearly written, user-tested recipes
- step by step instructions with quick reference steps in bold
- tips on cooking techniques
- suggestions and photos of recipe variations
Special sections devoted to:
- key ingredients
- cooking techniques
“Let’s Cooking” will introduce you to Japanese cuisine in a way that is accessible, easy to use, and best of all, delicious.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s Cooking!
- Photos by Robert Shaer (find him at his website or at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Design and direction by Chris von Szombathy (find him on his website & blog)
More about the book
Let’s Cooking is a self-published cookbook. Its first print run has been funded by an extremely successful Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign (the most successful Indiegogo cookbook campaign as of 2013!) Funders of the campaign will be receiving their perks within the month of December, 2013.
In the News
- 2013-08-08 Scout Magazine
- 2013-08-17 GlobalBC Morning News
- 2013-08-22 We Are Local
- 203-10-19 GlobalBC Morning News
- 2013-08-11 Media Release – Lets Cooking
- Let’s Cooking Fact Sheet
- Let’s Cooking Sample Recipe
- Sample Recipe Photo & Head Shot:
(Please credit recipe photograph ©Robert Shaer)